Karan Johar is an Indian film director, producer, screenwriter, actor and television personality. He has directed many iconic films introducing a generation we never knew about. He is also informally referred to as Kjo. Karan Johar is a versatile personality with a creativity so intense and pure. He introduced Hindi cinema to a fresh culture of movies and acting they had never seen before. From ‘Kuch Hota Hai’ to ‘My Name is Khan’, Dharma productions are one of the leading production house of Bollywood with him as the best director around.
Karan Johar Awards and recognitions:
Karan got a National film award for ‘Kuch Hota Hai’ in 1999 for best popular film providing wholesome entertainment. He won four Filmfare awards for ‘Kuch Hota Hai’, ‘Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham’ and ‘My Name is Khan’. He also won four IIFA awards for ‘Mohabbatein’, ‘Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham’, ‘Kal Ho Na Ho ‘ and ‘ My Name is Khan’. Karan won the President’s honor for ‘Student of the year in 2013. He also won two screen awards.
Karan Johar age: 46 yrs. Born on 25 May 1972
Karan Johar kids:
Karan recently became the father of two kids, Yash and Roohi through surrogacy. They have been named after the names of his mother and father. He shared such heartwarming post on social media describing how challenging parenthood can be and also he needs to give the kids all his attention. He wanted to have babies from the very beginning as he wanted to nurture and channelize his love.
Karan Johar Education Qualifications:
School: Greenlaws High School, Mumbai
College: H.R. College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai
M.A. in French
Karan Johar Family:
Father: Late Yash Johar
Mother: Hiroo Johar
Daughter: Roohi Johar
Son: Yash Johar
Karan Johar Controversies:
- 1. Karan openly confessed about his love for Twinkle in front of Akshay Kumar. He said that she was the only woman he had even been in love with and he also named his ‘Kuch Hota Hai’ character after her name.
- He has been questioned a lot of times about his sexual orientation but he is least interested in any of the claims being openly made about him. He believes that it’s something very personal and he’ll prefer to keep it that way.
- Ram Gopal Verma took a dig at his movie ‘Student of the year’ and claimed it to be a disaster to which Karan replied with more burn and it was a virtual war of words.
- The AIB roast went too far when Karan openly talks about his sex position.
- His growing friendship with Salman Khan didn’t go well with Shahrukh.
- When Priyanka and Shahrukh started getting too close, he was the one who iced her out of all the social circles both physically and virtually.
Karan Johar net worth: $172 million dollars (Rs.835 Crore)
Annual income: $6 million dollars (Rs.45 Crore)
Social media handles: